In this project I want to put my ideas and knowledge of mythology, fantasy and real life to create something unique and special with references to many real world and fantasy characters, worlds and tools.
Character.
I have plenty of ideas for how the character could look.
I want to incorprate elements from glam rock outfits simmmilar to the onces worn by David Bowie, I think these elements will serve well with a character who owns colourful clothes and has a charming personality.
https://dimplesandfreckles.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/the-one-where-i-talk-about-makeup-history-1-david-bowie/
Aladdin Sane Album Cover
The character Dorian from Dragon Age: Inquisition is also an insparation to what I want my character to look like, the styled hair, trimmed facial features and elegant appearance. Not only this but I want to try combining some mage equipment to see if it would work well with the character.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dorian_promotional_inquisition.png
Enviroment.
I want to combine olden english torture dungeons with more mythological tombs and corridors to create the horrific enviroment I want the game to have.
One reference I will keep in mind is a documentary i found that discusses torture equipment and the brutal ways it was used, I can take all this real would information and create something realistic and frightning,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JAQVwEO7Hk
Another insparation I have in mind are fantasy dungeons and caverns, full of cliches like wall mounted torches, sacrafice rooms and nightmare creatures. These could be real places like the Labirintus dungeon or video game locations like the tombs in Skyrim.
https://andyslack.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/real-dungeons-1-labirintus/
Skyrim screenshot
http://www.wallpaperup.com/394303/The_Elder_Scrolls_Skyrim_Tomb_Draugr_Deathlord.html
Equipment.
For the equipment I imagine a range of stylised items to fit with the rich and charming personality or something that has a secret double use to fit with the thief idea. The playing cards could have sharp edges and be used as an easy to smuggle throwing weapon.
http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/weapons/throwing-card-knives.asp
The belt could have multiple straps and little pockets for quick and easy pick-pocketing. There could also be slots for the playing cards, pistol and sword.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/464540737/ultimate-steampunk-belts-kit?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_a-bags_and_purses-other&utm_custom1=064a6874-03e5-4b3c-bf93-e623369ab2a9&gclid=CjwKEAiAyanCBRDkiO6M_rDroH0SJAAfZ4KLn51LEbJVg5it8aakrGeavxwtFwB2jNcRS5CAPjDr6xoCHtLw_wcB






